How to Achieve the Best Commercial Pizza Dough
If you have a pizza business, you may be aware already of how essential ingredients and flavors are. However, most owners forget how crucial the humble dough is. It is the foundation of your pizza and thus, you should take it seriously. That is what a good pizza restaurant owner should do.
You probably know about the different recipes and styles but you may still be wondering about the best pizza dough commercial recipe. It is a tough thing to answer because people have varying tastes. Sometimes, you can be in the mood to heat up the broiler or fire up the grills so you make a lean dough, Neapolitan-style.
If you want something simpler, such as your childhood memory of what your mom used to serve you, a New York style crust would be a better choice. If there are people coming over, you may want to whip up some Sicilian style pie for everyone.
Tips for the Top Commercial Pizza Dough Recipe
Whatever your preference or mood is at the moment, you want to make sure you have the best pizza dough, especially if you will be serving it to your loyal customers. You should guarantee their satisfaction in every bite so they keep coming back for more. Here are some tips
- Know the ingredients you use. The dough has fairly simple ingredients: flour, yeast, water, and sea salt. If it is indeed simple, you may wonder why there are better crusts than others. The key lies in the ingredients used. Highly refined flour can actually make the pizza tastier, especially if you will serve a Neapolitan-style pizza. It gives the dough more lightness than other types of flour. For water, some people use carbonated water to give it extra crisp. Others prefer flat water, which just leaves dough how it should be. Most chefs say skip the oil for Neapolitan pizza.
- Patience is a virtue. Mixing dough is an art. You need to make sure everything is under your control, including how you add the ingredients. Water should go in with ½ of flour and the mixture should sit for 10 minutes. You can mix the rest and guarantee that the ingredients come together perfectly. Let it sit and rise for 30 minutes before shaping the dough.
- Shape the dough. You can use a rolling pin or your hands. Rolling pins are more convenient but they push down on the dough, causing it to be flat and with less air after baking. Using the hands is much better but it takes a lot of practice. If you are making pizzas in bulk, it is not advised as it is not only tiring but can lead to an inconsistent dough. A solution is to use a dough press. Whether you choose the manual or automatic version, you will love the choices from ProLuxe. One example is the DP1300, which is an air driven dough press that is automatic. It has been on the market for more than 25 years. Plug it in and you will produce an even product at a fast rate with almost no work on your part.
You can choose a commercial pizza dough recipe that works best for you but do not be a slave to it. Dough-making is trial and error. You can follow a recipe to a T if you have not done it before. As you go along, you can mix things up by adding a little bit of water or flour. You can experiment and you will eventually learn many dough-making strategies.
Easy Ways for Large Quantity Pizza Dough Recipe
You probably considered pizza dough wholesalers, especially if you need to make 10 or more pizzas for a large party of people. You have your oven ready and you want to make sure you have prepped ahead of time so that you are not punching the dough until your guests or customers start piling in. You have your ProLuxe dough press machine ready but if you do not have dough yet, here is a large quantity pizza dough recipe:
You will need the following ingredients:
- 12 pounds of highly refined (or unbleached hi-gluten) flour
- ¼ cup of honey
- Three liters of water
- One cup of active dry yeast
- ½ cup of sea salt
When all the ingredients above are ready, you only have to mix the yeast, water, and honey. Then, you can add the flour and salt once the first set of ingredients have come together. Mix everything really well before you use the ProLuxe dough presser. Now you have a dough recipe that will give you 18 pieces of pizza dough and they will be ready in approximately 20 minutes only. With the press machine though, it can take less than the stated time.
Of course, you can turn to pizza dough wholesalers and have the dough ready for baking. However, there is nothing that can beat homemade dough. It does take some time and effort to make the discs of dough, especially if you will be making the crusts in bulk but preparing them ahead of time is useful.
You can separate them by parchment, cling film, or wax paper. The problem with preparing the dough ahead of time is that it tends to dry a little bit. Wrap the dough discs in cling film as much as possible and keep them in wide containers with a lid to prevent the issue from occurring.
Preparation can take a maximum of an hour only if you know what you are doing, even if you will make 20 or more dough discs. Many pizza joints pre-portion the dough balls first and they let these balls relax at room temperature so that they can be stretched easily.
Aside from the dough press machine, you do not have to look any further if you need an oven for your pizza business. ProLuxe has a selection of high-quality ovens, including a solid fuel oven that uses either wood or coal. If you want a custom oven where you specify the shape and size, ProLuxe can give you just what your business requires.