We’re celebrating National Tequila Day by grilling up boozy, zesty tacos in the test kitchen. And since we can’t mix up a batch of margaritas at 10 am we’re mixing up a marinade for lunch. The marinade is a combination of tequila, lemon, garlic, spices, and it’s loaded flavor.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Cotija cheese
- Corn tortillas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ lemon zest
- 2 oz. Tequila (We used Corralejo Reposado)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (safflower or vegetable)
- Mix together all marinade ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour marinade on top. Mix to evenly coat the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight, flipping the chicken halfway.
- Place the chicken on a hot grill cooking each side for appoximately 4 minutes or until the internal temp reads 165ºF.
- While the chicken is cooking place the corn tortillas on your flat grill and heat until gently browned.
- Assemble tacos and serve with guacamole and lime wedges.
Edge Compact Tortilla Warmer Grill (model #: TW1520) set temperature 400ºF.