- Stone Hearth Ovens
- Sandwich Grills
- Tortilla Grills
- Bun Caramelizers
- Tortilla Grills
- Dough Presses
- Dough Rollers
- Wire Brush with Scraper
- Oven Peel Tool Kit
- Turning Peel
- Particle Ash Shovel
- 16" Pizza Peel
- 12" Pizza Peel
- Oven Sweeper Brush
- Bubble Popper
- MID - Interchangeable molds
- MI - Interchangeable molds
- Dough Storage Tubs
- Mold Platen Rack
- Dough Cart Storage
- Utility Cart - 30"
- Utility Cart - 26"
- Panini Scraper
Dough Sheeters And Why They Are Effective
Rolling out dough may seem like one of the most basic things to do in the kitchen, but even experienced chefs do it unsuccessfully. There are often problems, such as the dough sticking to the countertop and the rolling pin. Sometimes, the dough can be too thin, too thick, or uneven. To avoid these issues, a countertop dough sheeter or a dough roller is exactly what you need.
What is a Dough Roller?
A countertop or a table top dough sheeter is a piece of industrial equipment that bakers can use to make the dough in large quantities without taking a lot of time. It is perfect for restaurants and bakeries with tons of orders on favorite foods, including pastries, pasta, and pizza.
Often, the sheeter is called a pizza dough sheeter because it is used in pizza establishments where there are constant orders. The dough sheeter may cut the amount of time needed to produce dough, but it can still maintain the quality of the products as if someone carefully handmade them. Therefore, the commercial dough sheeter can help bring profitability to the establishment.
How Does a Dough Sheeter Work?
The baker will place the dough between the rollers and it will then be compressed. The sheeter can be made up of two or more rollers that will rotate to compress the dough. With a high quality sheeter, a smoother and more consistent sheet of dough will be produced compared to manual rolling.
The dough will pass at least one gauging roller or a conveyor, which will reduce the dough to the right thickness. The final part of the process is when the sheet is shaped into what is desired for the product to look like. For instance, if it is for pizza, it will have the distinct round shape.
The dough sheeter can perform a few functions that can be helpful for those who work in the food industry and industrial bakery. It can turn separate batches of dough into a continuous sheet. It can also laminate the layers together without the need for dividers and pocket proofers. It is because the dough sheet is the foundation of all the products.
Why Use a Countertop Dough Sheeter?
There are a great number of reasons why you should use a pizza dough sheeter for your business. Anytime you need to produce dough, you can count on quality dough sheeters to give you the following advantages:
- Production is standardized. You do not want to get compliments on your pizza dough then the next, you get complaints about how they are uneven or perhaps too thick. While handmade dough has its benefits, people can make mistakes – even pros. With a table top reversible dough sheeter, you can be sure that the products all have the same texture. This results in a more balanced flavor that your customers will surely love.
- There is control over your raw materials. You set the recipe as well as the manufacturing methods. You also define the quantities to be produced during the dough-making process. These benefits allow you to optimize the amount of dough you will produce as you see fit for your business.
- Working time is reduced. Rolling out dough with a rolling pin manually can be quite a hassle and it takes a lot of time. That time multiplies if you have a beginner on your staff. Often, you will have to keep teaching him or her until the staff member knows how to roll the dough correctly. With a dough sheeter, you do not have to worry about this because they can produce dough in just a few minutes.
- You make more food with faster production. Dough sheeters are speedy and produce faster than the manual process of rolling out dough. Just place the ball of dough in the sheeter and it will do its job for you.
- Sheeting handles different types of dough. Traditional production systems of dough typically cannot handle the types of dough that sheeting machines can. An example is ciabatta dough, which is very much hydrated and sticky.
- You can perform other tasks. Even as the baker, you have other things to do in your shop. With less time needed for making the dough, you can keep up with the demands of the customers better and faster.
Proluxe has high-quality commercial dough sheeter. The DPR2000 is a single pass dough sheeter, which can produce from 500 to 600 pieces of dough every hour. It is safe to use with its safety sensors that allow it to shut down automatically.
It has an ergonomic and compact design, which makes it a great addition to your countertop equipment without taking too much space. You can use this dough roller for making pizza dough, Danishes, pie crusts, dough lamination, fondant, pasta, yeast raised doughnuts, and cinnamon rolls.
If you are looking for a sheeter for your pizza shop, ProLuxe has DPR3000, which is a dual pass sheeter, meaning it can flatten dough products in just two passes. This particular equipment can produce large amounts and can roll different sizes of pizzas up to 18 inches in diameter.
How to Care for Your Dough Sheeter
A table top dough sheeter is not cheap but it is a necessary investment if you want extra time on your hands and to produce perfect dough all the time. It is important to your business, which is why you should take care of it.
One significant thing to remember is that it is like other appliances you have in your kitchen or anywhere at home. It requires regular cleaning to prevent it from breaking down. Luckily, the ProLuxe dough rollers are easy to clean and do not need a lot of maintenance.
Aside from cleaning, you should also inspect it on a regular basis. You do not have to be a technician to know if there is something wrong with the dough roller. If you spot any damage or bad sounds from the dough sheeter, have a qualified person to look at it.
- 20281 Harvill AvePerris, CA 92570Toll Free: 1-800-624-6717